Photo Credit: Pixabay
Did You Know?
1. 78% of NFL players are bankrupt two years after finishing their careers.
2. 60% of NBA players are bankrupt within five years of leaving the league.
3. Male koalas have two penises. Female koalas have two vaginas.
4. In Utah, it is against the law to fish from the back of a horse.
5. If you put a can of Diet Coke in water, it floats. Regular Coca-Cola sinks.
6. Also, according to Utah law (where I live) a husband is responsible for any criminal act that his wife commits while in his presence.
7. Apparently, if you eat a Polar Bear’s liver, you will die of a vitamin A overdose.
8. The number one tire manufacturer in the world? LEGO.
9. If you combine all the ants in the world, they’ll weigh about the same as if you combine all the people.
10. The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside down.
11. Because news traveled so slow back then, slaves in Texas didn’t know they were free for more than two months after Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation.
12. Talk about pressure. Female ferrets die if they can’t find a mate after going into heat.
13. There are 18.6 million vacant homes in America. There are 3.1 million homeless people.
14. Humans have had dogs as companions and workers for more than 14,000 years.
15. A snail can sleep for more than three years at a time.
16. The air quality of Mumbai is so bad, it’s equivalent to smoking 2½ packs of cigarettes a day.
17. Everyone on earth is born with the ability to wiggle their ears, but if you don’t learn how early on, the muscle atrophies and you can’t learn any longer.
18. Richie Ashburn hit a foul ball that hit a fan in the stands. As they were carrying her away, he hit another one which hit her again.
19. More than 13,000 years of human life have been spent watching the Gangnum-Style video.
20. In 1938, Time Magazine named Adolf Hitler Man of the Year.
21. Your fingernails grow faster in cold weather.
22. Four out of five people over the age of 100 are women.
23. Moles can dig more than 300 feet in a single night.
24. The average person eats about 60,000 pounds of food in their lifetime. That’s six elephants, in case you were wondering.
25. There is no word that rhymes with “month.”
26. The Mississippi River once started flowing backwards after an earthquake.
27. The Ribbon Worm will eat itself if it can’t find food.
28. If there are three people involved in a duel, it’s not a duel. It’s a truel. I’m not making this up. It’s truel!
29. The first engines put into Fords? They were made by Dodge…
30. Jimmy Carter once left nuclear launch codes in his dry cleaning. Oops.
31. Cows have the ability to walk upstairs but not down again.
32. People who measure more intelligent also measure more zinc and copper in their hair.
33. Every year, millions of trees around the world grow where squirrels forgot their buried nuts.
34. Baby rabbits are called… kittens.
35. Smallpox does not exist anywhere on Earth except in a laboratory.
36. The brain can’t create a new face. It only remembers faces you’ve seen somewhere before. This includes in your dreams.
37. Nachos were invented by a guy named Nacho.
38. If you love ice cream and eat a lot of it, chances are you’ve had plenty of beaver anal gland extract.
39. Speaking of dreams, did you know that 12% of people dream in black and white?
40. There is a significant population of people in Argentina who speak Welsh.
41. Ulysses S. Grant tried to have the Dominican Republic annexed so that a special safe-haven could be setup for blacks to get away from the Klu Klux Klan.
42. The American Sports industry is worth $422 billion a year, and more than 1% of all Americans are employed by it.
43. Wikipedia banned the Church of Scientology from editing any articles.
44. Farts measure more potently in the shower than they do outside it.
45. Never heard this one. Apparently there is a conspiracy theory that remnants of an Egyptian Civilization was discovered in the Grand Canyon and covered up by the Smithsonian Institute.
46. Two days after they die, ants give off an odor which other ants pick up on. They come pick up the ant and carry it to an ant graveyard.
47. Birds cannot live in space because they can’t swallow without gravity.
48. Freddie Mercury refused to have his teeth worked on because he was afraid it would change his voice.
49. ‘Rubber Duckie’ by Ernie on Sesame Street won a Grammy nomination in 1970. And reached #16 on the charts.
50. In 1995, the winner of the $1 million Monopoly game piece at McDonald’s sent it to St. Jude’s in an anonymous letter.